Thursday, April 10, 2008

Que paren ya

Que paren ya means have them stop now. Stop what? you ask yourself. Well there are women getting raped right now and women getting murdered. Why? no body really knows only the predators. Well in this case I'm going to tell you about a particular place, a city, a city in Chihuahua Mexico called Juarez. Juarez is just south of the border of El Paso Texas. There is a lot of violence there of all sorts there's drug dealers, gangs, and etc. But there is once issue that sticks out the most that a lot of people don't know about. Women being found buried in mountains of sand in the dessert. Innocent women and teenage girls as young as twelve years old that just got kidnapped, raped, and killed for no reason. There's devastated families that have their sister, their mom, or their cousin missing, or worst of all their daughter. They don't know what happened with them. Imagine that one day your daughter or sister or just someone you know goes to work and never comes back you don't hear about her for a while, then they say they found new cadavers buried somewhere in the dessert and you get curious. You go hoping it's not who you're looking for but when you see the cadaver, she is wearing what your sister or daughter was last wearing and that's the only way that you can identify her you don't know for sure but its as close as you can get...How would you feel if that was your sister, wife , or daughter... think about it this is real;it's happening right now in our time. There needs to be something done to make the sick people who are murdering, and raping stop.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Tyrone - Nice site and heartfelt story. What do you think would make these people stop raping and killing these women? Are the police in Juarez or the State of Chihuahua doing any investigating or are they just looking the other way?
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.
Morgan

El Fregon said...

Hey I liked how you choose this topic and you talked about it because I was born in juarez and i lived there for 13 years and my mom almost got kidnapped, but the good thing is that she was close to a police station. This is a really good blog because nobody has ever talked so much about this before.

carlos said...

i really agreed with you because i lived there and i know how Juarez is and it is really sad a lot of things happen in Juarez.
NI UNA MAS we can not permit that this things happen in Mexico.
QUE PAREN YA

Anonymous said...

I really agree what you are saying. I also think that killing women is such a sick thing, especially if they do it for no reason and just for fun. I really feel what you are trying to say, and want people to know. nice work!!!!!

Alison Knits Some Love said...

I learned about this horrifying story by one of my students last year. Do you think it might be a serial killer or just a gang abusing women. Do you have nay information on what the police are doing, are they taking it seriously? I hope they get to the bottom of this problem soon. Thanks for bringing it into the light.

Anonymous said...

I'm a high school English teacher from Rochester, IL and I think your topic, along with the whole "Be the Change" idea are fantastic. The murders in Juarez are dispicable, unfortunately, Juarez is not the only place in this world where heinous crimes like this happen. Juarez does surprise a bit, only because my church sends mission groups there every summer to help build houses through the "Casas por Cristo" program. Never has this information been shared.
Thank you for opening my eyes to this tragic situation. I'm going to further educate myself on the topic.

Anonymous said...

Can you suggest some other websites that talk more about his issue? Because of the proximity of Juarez to the border, I've often wondered if this is the work of someone in America who crosses the border, knowing that his chances of getting caught are reduced... Is there anyone else out there suggesting this? Keep up the good work regarding exposure of this topic. It needs to be revealed for what it is and you're helping to do just that. Good work!

Anonymous said...

wow, I have never heard about the city Juarez, and this story is really enlightening. I live in Oregon,USA, so I really don't know how I can help. The most I can do is support you in your struggle for justice, and I just want you to know that I am supporting you all the way. I was born and raised in America, but I visit my relatives in India every year. The police and judicial court system in India are as corrupted as in Juarez. People get away with lots of things, and nobody does anything about it. It's kids like you that help start change and trigger awareness. Keep the up the excellent work!
~Aishwarya

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sad! I had no idea any of this was happening! I think it is a great idea to tell people about your topic because it is very serious and it needs to be stopped! I feel really bad for the women who live there. I think the police need to do more for them! Your blog gives away a lot of great info on your topic.